Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I finally made COASTERS

I had some of the glossy white tiles left from a tiling project so I wanted to make some coasters. I like these for coasters, because they are a little bigger than regular coasters and will fit a wider bottom cup or glass, like a stemmed glass.
I chose the scrapbook paper I wanted to use. I have this green in my family room, so I thought it would be perfect.  I used a tile to make a template and cut out 6 of them.
 
I then put a layer of Mod Podge on the tiles and placed the papers on each one. I had to let it dry really good before going on to the next step.


Here is where I added a layer of Mod Podge on the tops of the papers once it was dry on the bottom. I did this two more times, for a total of three times.  You really can't see the lines, but if you hold them in the light, you can see some lines, but they are not cloudy, they are clear and kind of adds some texture. 



My finished products.  I am really pleased with them. Next I want to try some with Christmas napkins. I saw a tutorial on Pinterest with Santa napkins.  What a great gift idea.
Here is the link to the original Pinterest Pin I found them on.  http://www.reneweduponadream.com/2011/10/tile-mod-podge-coasters.html



 

1 comment:

  1. I really like the size of these coasters, but I have to find a way to keep the cups from sticking to them. Once you spray them with the poly, they don't feel sticky, but the cup sticks a little. I have to figure out what to do before I make them and give them as gifts! :(

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a reply